We are now hiring for spring 2023 Student Workers!
- Photograph Collection Student Worker
- The CDH/LCA is home to over 13,000 photographs, slides, and negatives that illustrate the history of the first city in Iowa as well as an unknown number of photos of the people, places, and events related to Loras College history. These images are a key resource for the study of the history of Dubuque and Loras College as they illustrate the ways the city and college have grown and changed since the early days of photography.
- The student hired for this position will be helping to migrate our current print finding aid to a new online system and inventorying the collection as we prepare to digitize the photographs.
- Wilkie Indexing Student Worker
- The Father Wilkie Research Seminar Local History Collection consists of invaluable content useful to both local and academic researchers. Half of the papers focus on the history of the City of Dubuque in the antebellum nineteenth century. The remaining eighty-one essays explore the history of other townships in Dubuque County such as Table Mound, Cascade, and Peru. In addition to their fine analysis of primary documents and sources, each student also compiled appendices of data from plat maps, census records, tax lists, newspapers, and city directories.
- The student hired for this position will continue the work of building the index for this collection and creating abstracts of the papers.
To apply, fill out the form at loras.libwizard.com/f/cdhapplication
Student worker positions are only open to Loras College students with preference given to students in their 3rd or 4th year.