Alumni! The Loras College Library is still here for you. This guide explains how.
Can I check out books?
- Yes. After graduation, obtain an alumni library card. This will allow you to borrow Loras College Library books, DVDs, and other physical materials.
- Unfortunately, an alumni card does NOT give you access to interlibrary loan services. We ask that you work with your local public library (such as Carnegie-Stout Public Library, if you live in Dubuque) for interlibrary loans.
Here are the library's borrowing policies.
Can I use the library's databases?
- The library's catalog of books is available from on and off campus. Use it to find books in our catalog that you can check-out.
- Visit the Library to use our other library databases, such as those linking to articles and ebooks.
- Otherwise, our library databases are not available remotely to those not actively enrolled at the college, per our licenses with the database vendors.
Can I use the library's copiers and scanners?
- Copiers: There is a coin-operated copy machine in the Center for Dubuque History on first floor. Copies cost fifteen cents each.
- Scanners: Scanning is free! The copy machine also makes scans. Look for instructions near the machine. The public computers on 2nd floor also allow you to scan items.
- Microfilm copying and scanning: The scanning microfilm reader is on the 1st floor of the library near the microfilm cabinets. Instructions are posted near the machine.