Keep in mind that it is not necessary to go through the steps to checkout and download an ebook in order to cite, print, make notes, or use it in any way. You can do all this by "viewing" the ebook online--any notes taken will be saved in your EBSCOhost account.
But, if you think you'll want access to the ebook while offline, then take steps to checkout and download the ebook to your computer!
|In order to checkout and download an ebook, you will need an EBSCOhost account. For more information, go to the EBSCOhost tab.|
Most of Loras Library's EBSCO eBooks can be downloaded to your computer. Here's how:
1. Click the Download (Offline) link for the eBook you would like to download.
2. Select a Checkout period from the drop-down menu and click the Checkout & Download button.
3. The eBook is added to the Checkout area of the folder, accessible from the upper-right corner of the EBSCOhost interface. If you are not logged into your My EBSCOhost folder, you are prompted to do so.
4. Select Open with or Save File from the resulting dialog box.
If you select Open with, your eBook is opened with Adobe® Digital Editions. See the box to the right about downloading Adobe Digital Editions. If you select Save file, the eBook is saved to your computer and can be opened with Adobe® Digital Editions at a later time.
5. When a downloaded eBook is opened, it is displayed in Adobe® Digital Editions:
Make sure that you have Adobe Digital Editions installed on your computer. Adobe Digital Editions is available for free download.
You will need to activate Adobe Digital Editions on your computer by creating an Adobe ID and password, and then logging into Adobe Digital Editions. See the instructions from Adobe.
If you are using a portable device or eBook device, you’ll need to activate it with your Adobe ID and password. For a list of supported eBook devices and apps, see this FAQ.
You can take notes on eBooks and save them to your My EBSCOhost folder for later viewing. Here's how:
Unless otherwise noted, the content of these guides by Loras College Library, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Some icons by Yusuke Kamiyamane. Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.